I used to throw out my old sponges but the beauty blender is a little bit too pricey to ditch! So when I clean my brushes I also clean my beauty blender. I think sponges are a little big trickier to clean to as you can’t get inside every part like you can with a brush so you need to spend a little more time ensuring that you rinse it properly.
I know there is a special cleanser for the beauty blender but I use my old faithful baby shampoo and so far so good.
You need warm water, baby shampoo and a towel.
- Dampen the sponge in warm water.
- Rub some baby shampoo into the sponge.
- Massage and work into a lather.
- Gently squeeze under the tap rinsing and working out any last stains.
- Keep rinsing and squeezing the sponge until there are no more suds or traces of shampoo.
- When you think all the shampoo is gone, squeeze the sponge in a dry towel to remove the excess water and let it sit on a dry towel to dry out.
For more cleaning tips check out: